So this weekend I went to San Diego with my friends!! I went to college there so I'm really familiar with that area and what to do. I decided to put together a list of what we did and where we ate.
1. Eating dessert at Extraordinary Desserts. My favorite dessert place in SD! They have an amazing selection of colorful, super decorated desserts. The downside is that the wait is at least 20 minutes long and they don't take reservations.
2. Walking around in Little Italy. This is literally my favorite place in San Diego. The entire area is a block away from the docks, so you can see sailboats as you're walking around. There's a ton of cute coffee shops and Italian restaurants, and cool artsy installments throughout. Any restaurant here has amazing food. Go here.
3. Dinner at Sushi Ota. This place is considered one of the best sushi restaurants in San Diego. Usually, you need to make a reservation at least a week in advance, but we were able to get a reservation at 7:30 because apparently there was a cancellation!! I was still stuffed from lunch and dessert that day, so I decided to order a la carte. I got an order of salmon belly and chu-toro tuna. AMAZING. Great choice.
4. Partying in Hillcrest. Hillcrest is amazing. The bars there pass around jello shots.
5. Partying in the Gaslamp District. Gaslamp District has the main nightclubs in San Diego.
6. Brunch at The Cottage in La Jolla. This is a sun-hat-and-LV-bag kind of place. Anything you get here tastes really good, and is really filling. Make sure to get the stuffed French toast. The wait here is usually between 60-120 minutes (I know), so what I usually do is put my name down, then go walk around and explore La Jolla, and come back for the meal. They don't take reservations.
7. Meet the sea lions at La Jolla Cove. Literally, sea lions on the beach. Really cool picture spot. Just don't take off your shoes and step on sea lion poop like I did.